Friday, December 23, 2011
by Amy, HabsTweetup.com (AllHabs.net)
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- Chocolate and peanut butter: one of the quintessential chocolate-lover's combinations. There are lots of ways to enjoy this dynamic duo, but a certain chocolate candy company seems to have the perfect portion size all wrapped up in a peanut butter cup.
I usually indulge in one or two of these bite-sized holiday treats every year, just to taste. But I know there are plenty of you out there who will probably polish off the entire tray in a matter of minutes!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. milk
Miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
3. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well.
5. Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place each one into an un-greased mini muffin pan.
6. Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven and immediately press one unwrapped peanut butter cup into each dough ball.
7. Cool completely before removing from pan. Enjoy!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for our next holiday cookie recipe: Santa's Surprise!
Day 1 - Raspberry Ribbons
Day 2 - Almond Kisses
Day 3 - Banana Bread Cookies
Day 4 - Melomakarona
Day 5 - The Original Chocolate Chip Cookie
Day 6 - Chocolate Chip Bites with Salted Caramel Glaze
Day 7 - Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
Day 8 - Soft Gingersnaps
Day 9 - Chocolate Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Day 10 - Cranberry Orange Cookies
photo credits: KidsCooking.About.Com, TasteOfHome.com, Amy Johnson