Saturday, December 24, 2011
by Amy, HabsTweetup.com (AllHabs.net)
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- 'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, every creature was stirring, shoving cookies in their mouths! That's right folks the big day is almost here and that means that today's cookie baking is extra special: we've got to feed Old St. Nick tonight!
Today's cookie is thick and hearty, great for dunking and sure to keep you going while you (er, I mean Santa) wraps and delivers gifts.
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
Recipe courtesy of "Hershey's Classic Recipes" from Publications International, Ltd.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 cups quick-cooking or regular rolled oats, uncooked
1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, blend thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; gradually beat into butter mixture.
4. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips, mixing until distributed evenly throughout dough.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet (line with parchment paper for easy cleanup).
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Be sure to put out extra for Mr. Claus, these are sure to disappear!
Day 1 - Raspberry Ribbons
Day 2 - Almond Kisses
Day 3 - Banana Bread Cookies
Day 4 - Melomakarona
Day 5 - The Original Chocolate Chip Cookie
Day 6 - Chocolate Chip Bites with Salted Caramel Glaze
Day 7 - Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
Day 8 - Soft Gingersnaps
Day 9 - Chocolate Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Day 10 - Cranberry Orange Cookies
Day 11 - Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
photo credits: VeryBestBaking.com, SouthernPlate.com, Annies-Eats.com